Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.
17027240

I got the document Quit Claim Deed form. Is it enough to

Customer Question

I got the document Quit Claim Deed for Colorado form. Is it enough to have this document to include family member(son) to the title property. Document image can be supplied for verification.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Good evening Alex. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Can you elaborate a bit for me? I'm not sure what you mean when you say "is it enough to have this document to include family member (son)....are you wanting to transfer title to your son? Can you attach the document for me? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Add (join) son to family property title. It is in Colorado.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for following up. If you are simply trying to add your son to the title, you want to limit your transfer to a 50% undivided ownership percentage interest in the property to your son. The way it's drafted currently, you are transferring all your ownership interest to the entire property to your son with the result being that he would be the sole owner of the property.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!