P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  12+ yrs. of experience including real estate law.
11181181

I am the treasurer HOA board of directors and a homeowner

Customer Question

I am the treasurer for my HOA board of directors and a homeowner has asked me for a 1099-misc for the dues she paid in 2015. I have been on the board for over 14 years and I have never submitted one and I'm not sure why she is asking for one. Is there a law in Tennessee that it is required?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

There is on such law.

Your board COULD issue such a form. But it i not common. And not required under TN law

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.