Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

My home was sold at a foreclosure sale in what I believe to

Customer Question

My home was sold at a foreclosure sale in what I believe to be a " wrongful foreclosure" situation. I had been working with the modification department for about a year and continued to make payments. The loan against the property was in my husbands name and the title is in both our names. We are now being evicted and I want to know if there is anything we can do right now to save our property. The management company that purchased the property is solely interested in flipping the house if that is of any help. I have additional details about the loan modification process if this information can be deemed useful. The was all of this was presented seems most suspicious. as the property was I a positive equity position, we also have another property we could have moved into had I thought there was to be any problem with the loan mod. I was confident that the company I was working with was honest and professional. I was even contacted by Aztec Foreclosure prior to the sale and they and the loan company were suppose to stop any foreclosure proceedings. Nationstar mortgage also spoke with my husband in the weeks prior to being served an eviction and they told him all was fine with our loan status.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

First and foremost, why do you believe the foreclosure was wrongful? If it was indeed wrongful, then you may want to consider filing a wrongful foreclosure lawsuit.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I would like to do that. Can you recommend an attorney to whom I may consult with about filing a wrongful foreclosure lawsuit?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
should be with whom...... oops
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hi again.

Unfortunately, I am not permitted to recommend a specific attorney, though I can certainly point you in the direction of how to retain a local attorney to handle this matter for you.

However, I can answer legal questions about the situation if you have any, such as whether or not the foreclosure was actually wrongful. Why do you believe that it was wrongful? Is it because payments were made according to a modification? If so, was the modification permanent or just temporary?