How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 38857
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are Canadians and own a home in North Port. We are

Customer Question

We are Canadians and own a home in North Port. We are thinking of selling and buying another home. What type of taxes would we be paying either here or in Canada?
I appreciate your advice.
Betty Kerman
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA Betty.

The only Us taxes here you owe are transfer taxes for any sale of real estate.These are negotiable here as part of a sale.

Reference to transfer taxes..

There are no federal income taxes here if you are a Canadian and file there.You may well owe taxes on the sale in Canada.

Related Real Estate Law Questions