Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  16 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

My husband left me 3 weeks ago. I do not know where he is.

Customer Question

My husband left me 3 weeks ago. I do not know where he is. However during our marriage we bought a house. He quit claim deeded the house to me several months ago. I put the house for sale and got an offer. My question is I live in Washington state and I want to know when closing comes which is in 2 weeks will there be any issues with closing for me since he is gone and I don't know where he is and we do not have a separation or filed for divorce. Again the house is soley in my name...
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

My question is I live in Washington state and I want to know when closing comes which is in 2 weeks will there be any issues with closing for me since he is gone and I don't know where he is

.

No, the quitclaim deed would transfer any interest that he had in the property to you and make it your separate property. So husband doesn't have to sign off on anything if you sell the house.

.

.

thanks