Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Attorney
Experience:  Knowledgable and Experienced Attorney
16911602

I have a friend who is interested in running a concierge

Customer Question

I have a friend who is interested in running a concierge business in the State of Hawaii.
Does he need to be associated with a broker to run this business and does he need a real estate license?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney 1 replied 9 months ago.

Hello, and welcome. I'm a licensed attorney and happy to assist.

Congratulations to your friend for taking the initiative. A concierge is in the hospitality industry, and does not sell real estate, so no real estate license is required and the friend doesn't need to be associated with the broker. However, there are other business considerations to keep in mind, including general business licenses, and concierge permit. Here is a helpful site to get your friend started:

http://startconciergebusiness.com/how-to-start-a-personal-concierge-business-in-hawaii/

I hope this helps. If you need additional information or clarification, just let me know and I will continue to provide assistance. If I have addressed your issue and/or pointed you in a positive direction, please remember to leave a positive rating when prompted, as that is how attorneys on this site are credited for the help we provide.

Good luck!

Best,

Attorney 1