Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I had a closing on my property yesterday. Both the buyers

Customer Question

Hi. I had a closing on my property yesterday. Both the buyers and I executed the necessary paperwork for it. About an hour after I walked out of the attorney's office I get a call from their realtor saying the closing attorney put a hold on the deed being recorded because they got a call from the HOA saying I was not in compliance with my fence, color of my house and my landscaping. The closing attorney showed me the certificate of assessment from the HOA and none of that was on there. Is the HOA able to do this?? Also, since everyone signed all the papers for closing, isn't it a done deal?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 9 months ago.

Hello: I have some questions? Did the HOA sign any closing papers? Do you know if your HOA documents required their approval prior to any sale?