Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.
17027240

The judge determined that the bank had changed the loan

Customer Question

The judge determined that the bank had changed the loan agreement and the bank removed the lien. Does this mean that the property is free and clear?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon Zachary. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

If the bank released the lien, yes, the property would no longer be subject to the lien. Thus, you do now own the land free and clear. That means that were you to sell the property, there would be no requirement for the loan to be paid from the proceeds of the sale. You would be able to deliver clear title to a buyer or transferee without paying the loan.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!