WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

My name is chanda my family has a small business in Jc and

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** family has a small business in downtown Jc and do to our bulding we are always losing business, the air conditioner was out from June to Sept. The roof has leaked off and on the whole 4 yrs we have been here ,the Landlord nas promised to fix it ....and has not and i DO NOT HAVE SMALL LEAKS ,he has something going on with the city .So he seems to get away with alot , I have had to close on numerous occasions ...what can I do?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 9 months ago.

You have the right to terminate the lease or to take him to court for breach of the lease to make him provide proper services, including air conditioning in the hot summer months. The choice is yours whether you wish to get out of the lease entirely and move with no obligation to him, or sue him and make him comply with the terms of the lease and your right to enjoyment of the premises for your long standing business.

Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.