Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

I am not sure if this is a RE question or a tax question. We

Customer Question

I am not sure if this is a RE question or a tax question. We live in Henderson, NV. My sister-in-law is currently in FL and planning to live on a boat and sail the Caribbean forever. She wants to use our NV address as her mailing address. She would declare our NV address as her place of residence. Are there any negative tax or legal ramifications on us if we allow this?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Are there any negative tax or legal ramifications on us if we allow this?

.

No, she isn't a dependent of yours so where she declares her legal place of residence to be wouldn't affect you in any way at all. Whether she used your mailing address or some other address, it wouldn't cause any problems for you. Now whether it would be an issue for the IRS for taxation purposes, I can't say, but that is between her and the IRS.

.

.

thanks