Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

My name is ***** *****....what does forclosure redeemed on a

Customer Question

my name is ***** *****....what does forclosure redeemed on a credit report mean
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: house forclosed, sold at auction, fannie may loan
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Real Estate Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Foreclosure being redeemed means that once it was foreclosed, someone paid to get the house back or the credit reporting bureau is making a mistake and believe that you as the borrower redeemed the foreclosure. They think you cured the foreclosure by buying the house back. So it is a mistaken report.