Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I am 81 years old. I listed my house and received an offer

Customer Question

I am 81 years old. I listed my house for sale and received an offer which I accepted because I have some hardwood floors that need to be refinished or replaced. They came back with a counter offer. At that time my agent told me that the buyers were willing to pay ALL the closing costs. Her exact words were " and THAT is unheard of.....figuring the costs of the closing costs would not be charged to me, I signed an agreement which was over $14 thousand dollars under my original asking price. After I signed she then said "of course you have to pay your own closing costs. I was misled and lied to. I want to cancel the sale. Do I have a legal right to do so ? Please help...I feel I was scammed and I do not want this sale to go through.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Good day. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

What does the agent say when you remind her that all closing costs were to be paid by the purchaser?

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Do you have any open contingencies, such as the inspection?