Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I want to know if we can take back a property that was

Customer Question

Hi. I want to know if we can take back a property that was quitclaimed to my son & his wife in Aug 2015.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The property had a FMV of $710K at the time of the transfer and I said my son can keep the $100K and he pays me the $65K. They have not paid a dime and now the marriage is crumbling The property was in the name of my two sons before the transfer and before his marriage.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Real Estate Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. Did you have a written agreement with your son regarding this?