How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 18079
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a particular situation in Georgia. I was working with

Customer Question

I have a particular situation in Georgia. I was working with a company who were supposed to help me reduce my house note. During the time I was working with the bank the home was foreclosed on but neither I nor the bank knew it was foreclosed on. I paid the property taxes for two years (although I paid it late) and now I have a public record for a property that was foreclosed on two years prior. I would like to know what I can do to get compensation from the Bank for this egregious oversight.
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 12 months ago.

I am sorry, but I do not understand your post.

Are you stating that your lender made a mistake in foreclosing its mortgage?

Kindly review it, properly identify the parties and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
They are sending a correspondence to that effect.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Or they made a mistake in having me pay the property taxes in 2012 and 2012.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 12 months ago.

Thank you for the information. However, I am still clear on the facts. Kindly clarify:

Yes, as to wrongful foreclosure?

Or yes as to you paying property taxes when you no longer own the property?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
to both.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 12 months ago.

Thank you for the information and for your cooperation.

Make your request for reimbursement of the taxes paid to the address on the correspondence that you would receive regarding the mix-up. If your request is ignored, you have to file a Small Claim in the County where the property is located for the amount. You can obtain the Small Claims forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

As for the foreclosure, regrettably if you were behind on your mortgage, the lender can legally foreclose on its mortgage eventhough you had an assurance that the foreclosure would not take place. However, it would be an unfair and deceptive act and practice if the lender assured you that the foreclosure would not happen during the negotiation, but it happened. You may ask that the foreclosure be removed from your credit file under this circumstance.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Ok. Thank you.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 12 months ago.

You are quite Welcome!

Have a wonderful day,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for addressing your concerns.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Related Real Estate Law Questions