P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  12+ yrs. of experience including real estate law.
11181181

Buyer makes an offer purchase, seller makes counter offer

Customer Question

buyer makes an offer for property purchase, seller makes counter offer with terms. Buyer accepts terms of counter offer seller then sell to another party for cash is this right?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

If the buyer accepted the sellers counter offer? Then that is the contract. That is, if the seller made a counter offer and the buyer accepted the terms, in writing (so both parties signed the deal)? Then the buyer can enforce that contract

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.