RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

If you live in Indiana and have a home also in AZ do you

Customer Question

If you live in Indiana and have a home also in AZ do you need two separate wills.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. No, a party does not need to have two separate wills. They can have one will, which devises their property. Now, if there is any concern about a will and who the property will be devised to, the spouses could always consider holding title, with a right of survivorship, so it passes to them, upon the death of the spouse. Living in one state and owning property is another, would not require or trigger another will.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!