Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

We need help finding an attorney landlord tenant problems. I

Customer Question

We need help finding an attorney for our landlord tenant problems. I am the tenant. I don't kno how else to explain going ons but w this list. Weve been trying to find help for awhile so here's my list.
#Unlicensed& unprofessional property manager who does not hav time to deal w everyone's needs.
#Landlord who refuses to respond even if the property manager is unable of handling the situation.
# ***** manager makes oral arrangements w tenants & recants themdays later because he doesn't clear them through the landlord even tho he says he does.
#Property manager offers to accept "cuts" of profit frm less savory tenants to disregard illegal activities that are a threat/danger to the rest of us.
#People that live here are being approached by the company of others soliciting narcotics.
#We're now finding paraphernalia such as used needless, pipes etc etc on our playground& property.
#We still are in need of a variety of repairs that we asked requested 9months ago when we moved in& still hasn't received but they changed our lease & raised our rent.
#Both of our leases were never gone over w/me or have my signature because i was work & they didn't want to wait for me. When i stayed both times they couldn't do that& i want to review & agree to signing my lease they gave me a copy & started it was sufficient& i didnt need to make an issue.
#Property manager illegally sells weed on the property out of his townhome.
#There has been intimidation practices&acts of retaliation against tenants that don't agree or stand up for themselves.
#Even tenant to tenant issues are left unresolved.
My list goes on &on. Its getting worse everyday& less odds being done. This is a very small townhome complex& the owner is a private owner who works for the utility company& wants to sell the property. Please! Can anyone help us retain the help we need to stop being taken advantage by a slumlord?!?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.
I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. I see you have a lot of issues...but do you have a specific question(s)?

Would it help to talk on the phone?