How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex Esquire Your Own Question
Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 16476
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Real Estate Law Mentor
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Alex Esquire is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm buying a mobile home with land sence 11/10/15 I found

Customer Question

I'm buying a mobile home with land sence 11/10/15 I found out the mobile home still has a lien holder and the land is not under the person that sold the property to me. I give a down payment. What can I do ? I really just want my down payment
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

What is the amount of downpayment?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

Do you have a written contract to purchase the property and does the contract state that the property is owned by the seller free and clear of any liens?

Did you address the issue with the seller?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have a contract but it never said it own by her just to pay her 780
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

Did you have your contract reviewed by a local attorney before you signed it?

Did you discuss this issue with the seller? If you did, what is the seller's position?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I did not!! I told her I had talk to the bank and that she's is in a big trouble the bank are going to foreclose the mobile home I said I want my down payment back he replied with I'll be waiting for your lawyer
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

Generally, in similar situation it is important to consult with a local attorney as soon as possible and this local attorney can review all the facts and documents related to the case and can determine whether it would be feasible to file a lawsuit in order to recover deposit that was made toward the purchase, potentially based on fraud and/or material misrepresentation by the seller.

You can find an experienced and skilled local civil litigation attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:
When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to civil law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter might be heard.
I wish you the best of luck!

Related Real Estate Law Questions