Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
17897874

I have a lease that ends March 31. I was required to let my

Customer Question

I have a lease that ends March 31. I was required to let my landlord know whether I intend to renew or terminate 60 days prior which I did. I would like to negotiate a 3 or 6 month out clause with 60 days notice since I am in a job transition.
What are my rights past March 31? Do I have to exit the apartment if there is no deal or do they have to notify me in writing before the 60 day notice kicks in (is it correct that you must have 60 days notice in writing to vacate?).
Do you have any clauses that permit an exit after 3 or 6 months with 60 days notice? Thanks
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Good evening. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

After 3/31 you are a month to month tenant. Each month the landlord accepts rent and you remain renews the tenancy.

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

The landlord would need to give 30 days notice to terminate once he accepted rent after the lease expired.

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Are you online with me?

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.