Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

My husband and I were looking to move to Billing, MT from

Customer Question

My husband and I were looking to move to Billing, MT from Bozeman, MT due to a job offer he was given. We looked at an apartment, filled out the application, We were approved, told we needed to give a deposit ASAP. We did. That was a Friday. Called on a Monday, when my husbands job, the reason we were moving to a different city, was receded. Was told we had to put it in writing, they would send to the accounting department they would issue us a check. Called for 2 days for an update. Finally received an email advising us that the deposit was non-refundable after 24 hrs. We NEVER signed a lease. The will not make an exception and now saying we are out $800!!!!!
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Did you actually agree to rent the apartment?

.

What was the deposit for? A security deposit? A deposit to hold the apartment?

.

.

thanks