Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

How do i file a suit with small claims court about unpaid

Customer Question

Hello. how do i file a suit with small claims court about unpaid utilities and the infestation of bed bugs?
JA: Real Estate issues can be tricky and expensive. The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: the amount of
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: 850.00
JA: Is there anything else the Real Estate Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: My roommate and i agreed orally that she and i would put one of the Utilities bills in our names when we first moved in. I moved in a week early back in August so had put both in my name , my roommate has only paid once of those two bills and hasn't paid my anything since Sept. she is snow stating that she isn't going to give me anything at all. i do have text messages from her acknowledging that she owes me and how does she go about paying me.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: ok. thanks
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer. I am happy to provide an answer for you...but want to ensure you are willing to rate/accept the answer when we complete. Do you agree with this?