Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I have a "Nothing Further Title Report" from a Title

Customer Question

I have a "Nothing Further Title Report" from a Title Company, title search. There remains a name of man who passed away 14 years ago. How to remove his name from the title?
Thank you!
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Who received the deceased person's ownership interest in the property, and how?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The property went to his wife who also died and then to their daughter from whom I purchased the house. She shard the proceeds with her sister, her brother got nothing. My attorney is not doing anything further as the Nueces County Texas, will not remove
the dead man's name from the title.
Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

Ok. Thanks.

If the property interest properly transferred from the deceased person to his wife....then to his child....and eventually to you, then the only name that should appear on the title is yours. But, if there is a break in the title or if probate wasn't done to transfer property interests, etc., then that may be the issue.

In that case, the only real option would be to file a petition to quiet and confirm title to the property in your name, and request a court order finding that title is held by you in fee simple and against all others. If you obtain a judgment finding that you are the sole owner, that should resolve any issues with claims or potential ownership by anyone else.

Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

Please let me know if you need anything further. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation. Thanks!