Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

I need to have a easement from a neighbor to cross there

Customer Question

I need to have a easement from a neighbor to cross there property Because the county of del ware wants the bridge on my neighbors property i need to build to access my property that is block by a state stream. The neighbor gave me a verbal ok but wants something in writing
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your question for us regarding the matter?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Does this easement need to have section lot and block of my neigbor our there street address . do we need to have meet and bounds.
Thank you for your reply
The written easement needs to fully and accurately describe the property. So it must contain the legal description of the property and the legal location of the easement itself, meaning lot and section and meets and bounds to describe where the easement is located. Without such an accurate description, nobody would know where the easement is specifically located in the event the properties sell or transfer ownership.