Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

My sister passed her husband passed he had one son and no

Customer Question

My sister passed her husband passed he had one son and no will. Am I consider an aired to his property.?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

No, the son will be the sole heir of the estate. Since there was no will, it would pass according to intestate succession (North Carolina state law). State law passes everything to the child. If there was no child, you would be an heir.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The one son had one deceased sister. Do her children be part of the heir property.

If I understand you correctly, your sister had 2 cildren, 1 deceased. If that is the case, 50% go to the living child and 50 % go to the deceased child's children. The children to receive must legally be your sisters children by law.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces and numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.