J. Warren
J. Warren, Lawyer
Experience:  Experience in residential real estate and commercial leases.
64316804

I live in florida and I used to work as an dominatrix. A

Customer Question

I live in florida and I used to work as an dominatrix. A client loaned me some money to which I have been paying back and he has taken appointments with me in lieu of as additional payments to my loan.
Recently, I have been late in paying. I hadn't received any contact by him or me in the last 2 weeks.
I received a letter from him threading to plaster my neighborhood with my advertisement along with him forwarding it to my hoa. I have every intention on paying the loan as agreed, but his recent antics make me wary. What should I do?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry you are dealing with this situation. It is not legal to extort for money. You may wish to advise the person that you intend to pay and that the letter could be considered extortion which is illegal. To avoid further issues it would be best to try and reduce the loan to a promissory note for the remainder balance with payments as small as possible so that you can keep up with the payment.

All my best and encouragement.

Please be aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you.

Please note that you are asked to rate my courtesy and professionalism, and not whether the answer supports your legal position. I only receive credit when rated “ok” (3 stars) or higher. If for any reason you feel that a low rating is appropriate, please first give me the opportunity to address your concerns by clicking the "reply" tab.

Can I answer any additional follow up questions for you or clarify anything I have written above? If not, can you please press a positive rating above this message box in the ratings section so I will be paid for my time assisting you on this matter? Pressing a positive rating will not cost any additional money - it is simply the trigger used by Just Answer to pay me for my time (pressing the middle star or the fourth or fifth star on the right are all positive rating buttons).