Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I live in an HOA community which says that a lakefront fence

Customer Question

Hi, I live in an HOA community which says that a lakefront fence cannot be over four feet in the back, yet a neighbor on the lake built a 6 foot bright white fence ruining the view for other lakefront owners. Also a neighbor put a fence right to the sidewalk. The builder approved these permits (one girl in an office without even coming to the property) because the HOA board does not take over until all the homes are built. Everyone in our neighborhood agrees that these fences are an eyesore, except for the owners who wanted them. The HOA says that everything must go before an architectural review, but like I said, not until the HOA takes over. This girl from the builder said that the decision was objective and OK'd these fences. They are 6 feet, and bright white, when the rest of the neighborhood is creams and browns. These fences are absolutely hideous, when driving in, and the builder says that she ok'd it without being there, and says oh well! I will send pictures if I have to.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your question?