Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I am getting married and moving to Kansas from Missouri. Can

Customer Question

I am getting married and moving to Kansas from Missouri. Can I buy a house in Kansas under just my name or will my husbands name have to be on the title?
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My fiancé's credit is very poor and mine is good enough to qualify for a home loan, but will he have to be considered on the application for a home loan?
Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

You can purchase the house and take out the loan in your name alone. But, the lender may require your spouse to sign a deed of trust to give it the right to foreclose in the event of a default.

Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

Also, you could have your husband issue a quitclaim deed to you for any interest he may acquire in the property by virtue of their marriage.