Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I have been red tagged out of my house I am handicapped with

Customer Question

I have been red tagged out of my house I am handicapped with a 14 year old and made to leave my house immediatley with my son and. 3 dogs with nowhere to go I have. Lived in this house 54 years and the city of Dana point put me out without any. Court hearing or any jurisdiction or resolution the prosecutor for the city of Dana point wrote me an email that tells me that I must within 14 days i must. Sign off the title of my house to my brothers and set up buyout before they let my brothers proceed on the property or a receiver will be appointed all without jurisdiction? What the heck do I do I'm confused but not stupid please advise
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 10 months ago.

Good morning. Do you know what caused this to happen? Is it a result of a code violation or safety issue? Was something done to or is there something illegal with the home? Were any prior notices given and how/why are your brothers involved?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
A fugitive ran through my yard I was told not to move as the fugitive ran through my yard and over the fence back fence then he was gone . I told the officer he jumped the back fence he did not care and took me out of my fenced yard to then search me then handcuff me to put me in his car I asked if I was under arrest he said no then I told him I would not be handcuffed or put in his car. So I sat across the street for 6 hours while they went in my house to look for the fugitive then also bringing in code enforcement not at my request I even told the police that I forbid them to enter my property my house was built in 1943 and the electrical is old and that's what they red tagged me for FYI as soon as the officer took me off the property I noticed in excess of 32 police cars out front a helicopter 4 undercover cops and code enforcement with out jurisdiction or any hearing they have put me out of my house I am handicapped with a minor child and m3 dogs without resolution or any hearing of any sort
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please help now the city of Dana point wants me to sign off title so that my brothers can proceed this is the only way the city will let my brothers proceed

Thank you for the additional information and please allow me a few moments to respond.

What do they need to proceed with ? Are you not able to correct the code violation? I am not sure why they are asking title to be signed over to them