Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Red Flag subdivision and unrecorded subdivision. What is the

Customer Question

Red Flag subdivision and unrecorded subdivision. What is the difference if recorded? I was hoping that it would make the subdivision somewhat illegal and that the HOA board was not legitimate. Our board is usually the same people and I wish that since this subdivision followed no rules to get established....the HOA board would be illegal.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Although surrounded by upscale subdivisions, we are county land with 1/2 acre lots, septic tanks, open ditches and no sidewalks or curbs. We are country. But some paid too much for their house and want to upgrade the subdivision afte decades of never following law. There were few annual elections...they just stayed in office for years! They tried to force strict deed restrictions on us and cheated to get a 51% vote by lot owners. That is still being resisted. Residents here want to be left alone, but they were persuaded that their homes would miraculously go up in value with new restrictions. I was hoping that R
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Real Estate Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 10 months ago.

Hello again,

I'll be happy to help you with your new question. However, before I do, can you please provide a positive rating for the previous Q&A session. Otherwise I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks in advance for your continued confidence.