Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I own 2/3 of my deceased dad's house along with my sister

Customer Question

I own 2/3 of my deceased dad's house along with my sister who owns 1/3. My other sister gave me her 1/3 - that's how I own 2/3. The sister that owns 1/3 says she is selling the house(which I know is impossible)but she changed the locks on the garage doors and also the lock to the house. We can't afford to buy each other out. Since I am majority owner of the house, how can I protect myself from her making changes to the house without informing me? Actually, what are my rights? By the way, she lives in Texas and I live in Ohio which is where the house is located. Thank you
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Who is currently living there?