Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

If a HOA in Florida has its Deed Restrictions extinguished

Customer Question

If a HOA in Florida has its Deed Restrictions extinguished by the Florida Statute 712 (MRTA), what affect does this have on the Articles of Incorporation and the Bylaws of the HOA.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome JA. Ray here to help you.

The statute supercedes any rules here.The Articles and Bylaws need to be amended as soon as possible to bring them into compliance.The statute always trumps here , the Articles and Bylaws need to be brought into conformity.The statute trumps anything the Association has on file from the date the law becomes effective.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Statute for reference

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0712/0712.html

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again for allowing me to do so.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

I can do unlimited chat online here.Not set up for phone calls.I will send you the offer.