How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'd like to know specifically what cause of action can I

Customer Question

I'd like to know specifically what cause of action can I bring to small claims court. My HOA board has offered to pay me to move twice, and sent four notices of alleged violations without notice of right to attend, says I cannot write other members about this but provides no option under opt out statute, even threatened to get restraining order if I contact members about Board misconduct/governance issues
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I emailed chair of AC committee and demanded retraction for false statements she made about me=I am 'harassing her. I then mailed membership rebuttal to this=I am 'harassing membership. I threw board outside HOA boundary=I violate common area rule, not even my board. I put gravel behind my gate=violation of common area rules, but I didn't and its not HOA land. Threat is fine, doubled fines if I repeat contact with members and court action for restraining order. This violates IDR agreement and Ethics policy of no retaliation against dissident owners.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Real Estate Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

In what do you reside?

Related Real Estate Law Questions