Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.
17027240

Lease 300 square feet business office. Landlord added

Customer Question

Lease 300 square feet business office. Landlord added Tennant next door that is dog groomers. The barking and mouse was not there when signed. The wall is not a sound barrier. Can I terminate lease. Very unusual but fact.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Yes, you can terminate your lease. As a tenant, you have the right to the safe, healthy, peaceful and quiet enjoyment of your rented premises. You are clearly not being afforded such enjoyment of your premises….and therefore the landlord is in default under your lease. You should send the landlord a certified, return receipt requested letter notifying the landlord that you are terminating your lease due to this default effective as of a specified date. You want to demand that your security deposit be refunded in full and that you will be making a determination and providing notification shortly of any damages you have suffered as a result of the default.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!