Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

I am a real estate prospector trying to find abandon

Customer Question

I am a real estate prospector trying to find abandon property in NC and surrounding area to claim and put it back in the Tax system. And of course be profitable for me as an investor. Are you aware of any such list, and how can I get possession of such a list?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The lists are available from the tax assessors office generally, as they have a list of all abandoned properties and those with tax delinquencies. Also, the county clerk would have some lists of properties that are unoccupied (depending on if they are reported to the clerk that is).
Other than those government lists I am afraid the only way to find these properties is to go out and look for them.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for this reply, however I was hoping for other sources. I was aware of these. I was not aware that they may have the abandon and empty properties.I will try and get back to you somehow if I fine that is the case.On a scale of 1 to 10, I give the response a 7.
Thank you for your reply.
We cannot make up sources that do not exist for you. Thus, your expectations may have been a bit unrealistic. Thank you for understanding that.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Since communicating with you on this matter I have received about 8 more sources, including HUD and also an offer to help the Government with absent and abandon foreclosures properties.I share these sources with you. Determination is 85 % of any accomplishment.Mel Parker
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your reply
HUD does not really have truly abandoned properties, but they have some information. Best wishes.