Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.
17027240

I am trying to find the date of foreclosure on a previously

Customer Question

Hi Richard, I am trying to find the date of foreclosure on a previously owned property in Queens County NY Not sure where I can obtain that information
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I need to obtain the date of foreclosure in an effort to see when my 3 year waiting period is up to apply for an FHA mortgage Having a hard time finding a loan.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Real Estate Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Hi there. You can determine this by looking up the property in the real property records of Queens County. That record will contain the entire title chain of the property, which will indicate the specific date of the foreclosure sale. You can easily look this up yourself; or, for a nominal charge, any title company will look it up for you.