Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I purchased a house from my friend when she got divorced and

Customer Question

I purchased a house from my friend when she got divorced and had no money to pay her ex his half. I paid for the house and I let her live in for free for five years and the house was on her name. We agreed that if she did not have money to pay me the house will go on my name. She did not have money so we put the house on my daughter's name because I was going thru a divorce. We went to a lawyer and he drafted the papers as a gift so that we did not have to pay taxes, and in 2010 my daughter put it on my name with the same lawyer and also as a gift. I remodeled the house and five years later my friend "changed her mind and wants the house back. I did an eviction letter and she turned around and did a title contest calming title fraud because she said she did not understand English when she signed and she thought she was signing for the loan I facilitated to her. We both hired a lawyer and is been 7 months and no solution. We went thru a deposition and it was clear that she spoke English. The lawyer who drafted the papers said that he does not remember us but in a case like this he makes sure the person understand what she is signing. Nothing came out of the deposition other than a month later my lawyer told me that they had agreed to mediation. I feel I may agree to give in because I lost. This is in Texas. I feel my lawyer is not beign proactive and honestly I'm running out of money.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

I have read your comments, but I am not sure what your legal question is?

.

.

thanks