LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
15277592

My lender took me off the loan when my wife modified are

Customer Question

My lender took me off the loan when my wife modified are loan, she was a co borrower how did they do that, and is it legal , do I have any legal options
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon Cameron,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

A lender can take a spouse off of a loan if the other spouse refinances the loan by themselves. Generally this is done with your permission and your written approval, but it doesn't have to be.

But being taken off a loan is not a big deal. In fact it o0nly means that you cannot be sued personally if the loan is defaulted on. But it has absolutely no impact on your legal ownership rights in the property. That they cannot take from you without your written approval.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you? In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

If I have provided you with the information you were seeking, would you please now rate my service to you?

Please keep in mind that, even though you have already paid your deposit money over to JustAnswer, until you rate me highly for my service, I will not be paid for having assisted you with your questions.

Thanks in advance,

Doug