Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

It is regarding returning of a deposit rental
, The

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** it is regarding returning of a deposit for a rental
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The landlord had not paid my deposit to me, I left the property on 12/22/2015 and I have been told several times it "was mailed yesterday" I have an email from them saying I would get the "whole deposit back" and "thank you for keep the property so clean" so I cannot understand why they wont give me my money and I would like to know. Can I send them a demand for payment with an additional penalty for none payment per day it is not resolved? will a judge allow that additional penalty to be added to a suit against them?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Real Estate Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 10 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer. I am happy to provide an answer for you...but want to ensure you are willing to rate/accept the answer when we complete. Do you agree with this?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok i understand. what is the actual amount I am agreeing to?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
just the subscription fee?

I do not know the amount...since I am a user like you. But I do know if you refuse to rate, I get nothing for the time I spend with you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I dont understand what I already paid then.
I will just hire an attorney - this is stupid

Sorry for the confusion...I am a user like you. I have no idea what you paid. I simply know that if I spend time with you, and you refuse to "rate" the answer, I get no credit.