How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 36585
Experience:  16 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Father Qick deeded s house to me and it has a reverse

Customer Question

My Father Qick deeded his house to me and it has a reverse mortgage on it can we refinances the house
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.


Yes, if the house is now in your name, then there is nothing that would prevent you from taking out a mortgage in the form of a home equity loan to pay off any existing reverse mortgage. There should actually be a clause in the reverse mortgage loan that states if parent dies, or transfers the property, or defaults, or the home is no longer their personal residence, that the reverse mortgage automatically becomes due at that point.


If the loan officer is telling you that you have to wait a year, I would go and talk to another lender as this may be some type of internal policy..





Related Real Estate Law Questions