CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
71563194

We have a Condo. We are currently paying our monthly home

Customer Question

We have a Condo. We are currently paying our monthly home owner association bills. However, in 2013 we have 5 payments that have not been made. We are making payments when we can do it. However, these 5 payments that would be 1,300. Has turned into 5,691.00. They are sending us papers that they want to foreclose on us. Is this legal, can a home owner association company, foreclose on us?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 10 months ago.

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to learn of this situation.

Unfortunately, yes an HOA does have a right to both place a lien against your home, and to foreclose if the lien is not paid.

See: http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/california-hoa-foreclosures.html for an overview of the process and procedural protections in place.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I thought I signed up for a 7 days free trial. Is this true?

Unfortunately, as an expert, I do not have access to check to see what kind of account you have currently, to confirm your account status you will need to contact our Customer Service at: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Thank you for using our forum, and I do wish you the best of luck with your matter. Please do not forget to rate my service so that I can receive credit for assisting you today.

Best regards,

Bill