Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  16 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

I created a sublease agreement in my office space, a deposit

Customer Question

I created a sublease agreement in my office space, a deposit was made and they signed. I forgot to include a "non circumvent" segment in the agreement saying they would not approach the building land lord for a continuance of their lease for the same space for which I am signed. Is this a simple "extra" document I can create and have them sign prior to my signing the other agreement?
Thanks Gregory
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

This is a pretty easy addendum to add with language like this:

.

2nd Party agrees not to contact in any manner either directly or indirectly the owners, landlords, principals, employees, affiliates, representatives, family members, friends, related parties and/or entities, and/or agents or brokers representing said parties during the term this agreement is in effect or within 24 months of the date of this agreement (whichever is longer) without the written consent of Lessor. In addition, in the event that 2nd Party is contacted by any of the above parties, 2nd Party must notify Lessor within 24 hours (in person, by phone, voice mail message, email, or certified mail) of the contact including the name of the contact and a detailed account of the nature of the content communicated during said contact.

.

.

thanks