Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

We bought a house contract 5000.00 down a month after

Customer Question

We bought a house contract for feed 5000.00 down a month after purchase home owner states she will give the 5000.00 back if property is vacated she has done this to 2 prior families refunds no money in early November she called and states she was going to sell the contract and would have to be out in January we have made no further payments to her have placed money in the bank she is now evicting us for non payment as renters any suggestions
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What do you mean: "We bought a house contract for feed"?

2. Why have you not made payments?

3. Do you have a Land Sale Contract signed by the owner and you?

4. Did you file your land contract with the county land records office?

5. Does the person who sold you the house contract actually own the house?

Doug