Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Need help with "lease contract to live in Cottage built I

Customer Question

Need help with "lease for life" contract to live in Cottage built I paid in my son's property in San Mateo CA thanks.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I welcome you to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. The question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

To clarify are you a tenant with a "written" lease for life? Instead are you saying you were granted a life estate in the deed to the property such that you can live there until you pass? Please answer these questions and then provide some more background and ask me a legal question.