P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  12+ yrs. of experience including real estate law.
11181181

Florida Condominium Law: Florida statutes requires that

Customer Question

Florida Condominium Law:
Florida statutes requires that certain notices must be posted in a "conspicuous place." Our Board has decided to post notices on a bulletin board on our clubhouse wall. The clubhouse is open to the members at all times and is adjacent to our pool. Will that constitute a "conspicuous place", or must it be in the lobby by the elevator.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 10 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Can you tell me, is there a reason you would post in both locations?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Not posting in both -- redecorating the lobby and want to move the notice board to the clubhouse.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
We would of course provide full notice to our owners of the new location

Thanks

You have the law correct. The notice must be "conspicuous"...in a location where most residents are likely to view it.

So long as it is in a location open to members where the notices can be found? You meet that requirement.

THis only would be an issue if someone sued and claimed they did not have notice. So the more conspicuous the location, the less likely that the action taken by the board reversed for not posting notice conspicuously.

Perhaps consider posting a notice in the lobby for a few months, letting folks know the NEW location of the notice board...once you do this? You will meet the conspicuous requirement

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.