Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Closing on a FHA loan
, Yes, MY DAUGHTER AND I were

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, closing on a FHA loan
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes, MY DAUGHTER AND I were pre-approved on Oct. 27-2015 from guaranteed rate, and that we both had excellent credit. We asked the lender for a letter to show that we had been pre-approved, he said we did not need one and he never would say how much we got pre-approved for. He then took my daughter's paper work in Nov.17, but not mine. On dec.31 he told us the underwriter approved her, that he never seen anyone get approved that quick. Then two weeks ago he wants my paperwork so I brought it to them, I called a week later and the secretary said they had to get written verification from my employer, and they wanted to make sure the seller did all of the repairs. My employer sent them form verifying that I worked 40hrs. a week, then when I called them back they said my employer said I only got 32hrs. and we were called in as needed,and we were not on a schedule. I have the form my employer sent them and she said she told them no such thing. We have paid for home inspection, appraisal, and he tried to make us pay twice for appraisal, plus earnest money. Oh and he has been showing the property to us to, which they said it the lender is not suppose to be showing you property to us, but he has been signing his wife name as the seller , but we have never seen her or met her, and she will not answer the phone either. I think he is scaming.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Real Estate Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 10 months ago.

Hello. I am going to be assisting you with your question today.

Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

This definitely sounds suspicious. Could you give me some more information so I can better assist you?