LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
15277592

Do I have to pay the capital gains on the sale of my house

Customer Question

Do I have to pay the capital gains on the sale of my house if I don't file my fed tax in the same state as the sale of the house is in va
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Yes you do still have to pay the capital gains tax. Capital gains tax is a federal tax that applies to any gain you receive through the sale of a property anywhere in the US.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug