Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

Can a Tx Condo Association require that Proxies be malied to

Customer Question

Customer: Can a Tx Condo Association require that Proxies be malied to them or delivered to them prior to the meeting, and stating they will not accept proxies that are brought to the annual meeting?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The letter with the date of meeting and the proxy just arrived, in the letter they state that the proxy must be in their office 3 days prior to the meeting and they will not accept proxies that are delivered to the meeting
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Real Estate Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 10 months ago.

Your bylaws should have language about how proxies are to be handled. Review it. If it is silent on this then you may have a legal grounds to contest.