MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

I had a contract a condo in Clearwater, Fl. The seller

Customer Question

I had a contract for purchase a condo in Clearwater, Fl. The seller wouldn't give me extension. The contract had a clause that 7 days prior to closing he needed to be notified to cx contract. That never crossed my mind because I wanted the condo. I was missing a couple documents for lender Region s Bank. So asked for extension due to Holiday and everyone gone over Holiday. He refused then turned around and asked to re sign contract and raised price 15k my deposit?Is there any consideration for Holidays used as business days? There must be a case like mine??
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 10 months ago.

Hello. I am going to be assisting you with your question today.

Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Typically, federal holidays (days in which banks are closed) are not considered business days.

However, you need to read your contract carefully to determine whether it states days or business days. Most real estate contracts state regular days (including holidays and weekends).

I hope I have answered your questions. If I have not, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you may have. Also, please do not forget to rate my response at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It doesn't state any definition of regular days? It does state CFPB closing disclosure issues could be extended by 10 days?

Does it say "within 10 days" or "within 10 business days?"

If it does not specify business days, then holidays and weekends count.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
10 days

10 days means literally 10 days including weekends and holidays.