Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I have not received a payment coupon since March 2015. Yes,

Customer Question

I have not received a payment coupon since March 2015. Yes, I noticed I have not paid for a while. When I did contact my HOA, they gave me no reason for no payment coupons or late notice mail. I now have to pay $100 in late fees. In talking to their customer service reps, I was told: It's my fault, I should have known to pay. 2. One customer service rep said it was going to lawyer to start proceedings to evict me and she was confused. 3. Finally, I received an email telling me what I owed. I am going to pay it. I have received mail for my payments since 1992. I did go through a forclosure in 2014, but all was settled in court. My question, are they trying to get me out and do I have legal grounding to not pay the $100 late fee?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Is there anything in the Bylaws that states that the HOA has to send out a statement or payment invoice each month?

.

.

thanks