Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

The hoa on my rental property in murrells inlet, sc has been

Customer Question

the hoa on my rental property in murrells inlet, sc has been changing rules as they go along. they are charging excessive fees for dogs, screen doors and fines for disturbing the peace all for which they say they sent warnings but i didn't receive. their only appeal process is to write a letter to the board who levy fines to begin with. what recourse do i have? what will happen if i refuse to pay the fines?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 10 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Can you tell me what you mean by

(HOA)) has been changing rules as they go along.

What does that mean?

Are they following the bylaws when they make these changes?